Thursday, October 22, 2009

OPAM Another finish for October!

This week I have spent it trying to get this wallhanging quilted.  I started out trying to wind a bobbin with Sulky thread on my Pfaff and well lets just say the Pfaff almost went in the pool!  No matter what I did it would not wind that bobbin.  So the Pfaff went over to the kitchen counter and up from the floor came my Viking #1.  Threaded it up and wound that bobbin just like it was nothing to do...hmmm...So I start on my free motion quilting, of which I am not that good yet..and the needle thread kept breaking, so after awhile I thought ok lets put in a bigger needle did that and it was working pretty well.  Then the bobbin thread started breaking...UGH...I started out quilting around 1:30 and ended at 6:30 that night.  And this top isn't that big!  Wednesday I made the binding and sewed it down.  Here is the finished picture.  So glad this project is done!


Lori in South Dakota said...

isn't it great when those reluctant to be finished projects are DONE!

Robin said...

I am beginning to think that I will never get the hang of free motion quilting- hopefully the class I am going to take in a couple of weeks will help!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it another one done!
Keep up the good work.
You know Thanksgiving is coming.