Friday, June 25, 2010

Log cabin quilt...grrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

Has almost ended up in the pool and the garbage can!  I am so frustrated with it that I would have no problem with tossing it!  I finished making the remaining 2 blocks I needeed, squared everything up, laid it out on the design wall and all looked good.  I sewed blocks into rows and then started sewing rows together and that is when the trouble started!  The rows have puckers and are just awful not to mention that I sewed 1 row on to the wrong side of the prior row...UGH...So yesterday I did not touch it!!  Today I will work on doing some ripping out and see IF I can get it to go together correctly.  If not it goes somewhere!!!!

4 comments:

gracie said...

It's gonna be a beauty when it's done, Kathy....hang in there :)

xoxoxoox

Ruthie said...

Tomorrow's a new day and I'm sure it willl seem better. Remember to have the side with the most fabric on the bottom.

Karen said...

I do like log cabin blocks and hope you can get yours to fit. Do you have the stretchy part on the edge of the block. That may be the problem I try to cut my logs on the length of the fabric instead of the width if I have enough fabric.

Robin said...

Oooh now don't you sound like me!!!! :) Robin